Module Three: TAP 103
Title: Fish Processing and Packaging Management
Duration: 1 week
Fish farmers, Fish mongers, Young graduates, Unemployed youths, Women groups, Fish processors, Retirees, etc.
To equip participants with practical skills for engaging in fish value addition for longer shelf life in line with food handling Best Practice.
On successful completion of this training, participants would be able to:
- Understand the processes involved in fish value addition.
- Determine good source of table size fish for smoking.
- Understand the workings of a fish out-grower Operation.
- Carry out smoking of fish, filleting and canning operation.
- Understand the standard packaging requirements for local and export market.
- Understand the various regulations, certifications and documentation for international fish trade.
Scope of Training
- Fish production processes and practices.
- Water management systems
- Fish smoking.
- Fish filleting.
- Fish canning
- Fish packaging
- Fish processing management.
- Practical demonstration
- Farm practice
- Role play
N75,000 (Seventy Five Thousand Naira)
All participants shall receive TRAINING CERTIFICATE
- Opportunity to network with other fish processors
- Access to course content & regular update on FEDEP Telegram platform.